In 1914, Archbishop Christie purchased 6 lots in the Laurelhurst Addition from the Laurelhurst Company. The lots, located north of the Laurelhurst Lake were the site of the original Ladd’s Dairy Farm. In addition to a large barn and silo there was also a deep well located on what is now the school playground. On December 5, 1917 the Archbishop and Rev. William B. Cronin called the first parish meeting. The meeting was held at the Laurelhurst Company’s real estate and promotional office which was situated at the spot which is now known as Coe Circle. On Sunday morning January 20, 1918, Archbishop Christie dedicated the new All Saints Church in the heart of Laurelhurst. In the fall of 1936, the parishioners of All Saints Parish opened the doors of the parish school to 125 students and the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. Today with 490 students, All Saints School is one of the largest Catholic schools in the Portland area.